Job ID : 1019
Who We Are
At VuNet, we are building next generation products that use a full stack product with big data and machine learning in innovative ways to monitor customer journeys and improve user experience. Our next generation systems are helping the largest financial institutions to improve their digital payment experience, driving more financial inclusion across the country.
We empower our teams to solve hard problems – customer and business problems – in ways that our customers love. Great ideas get converted to extraordinary products and reach the customers in the shortest time. Our teams are cross functional, immerse into details, engage in collaborative debate and work with a shared purpose of creating a world class product company.
Imagine what you could do here.
The Platform Core OS team in VuNet is responsible for creating highly scalable products for our customers and delivering excellent customer experience. We are looking for a strong, enthusiastic self-driven software engineer to join as a member of this group. You will have a tremendous amount of individual responsibility and influence over the direction the backend of many critical vuNet's products take for years to come. As part of this team your responsibilities include working closely with other engineering team members, and interacting with product, design, content, business and many other groups to deliver world-class software solutions.Our team is not afraid to question assumptions and given the demand, our team needs to break new grounds from creating entirely new platform architectures from high speed data indexing to storage, go deep into platform scale for streaming data to innovative ways of looking at combining various modules together for a seamless user experience. As part of this team, you also need to have excellent communication skills as your responsibilities include working closely with other engineering team members, and interacting with product, design, content, business and many other groups to deliver world-class software solutions.
If you want to be part of this amazing team, this position is for you. Join VuNet, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Responsible for developing Java based light weight and scalable agents to collect data from different JVMs and systems.
- Responsible for developing interfaces to different systems to push data. There may be multiple protocols like tcp, http or APIs to be supported.
- Responsible for supporting the existing Java based data collection agents. This includes understanding the issue, finding the root cause, identifying the solution and supporting the customer facing team to productionalise the solution.
- Take complete ownership and responsibility for the successful delivery of the solution.
- Embrace good development practices including design specification, coding standards, unit testing and code reviews.
- Support any Java based development activities on a need basis.
Skills & Experience
- Mandatory Skills
- Minimum 3 to 5 years of excellent Programming experience in Java.
- Working knowledge in developing multi threaded applications, file handling and socket programming using Java.
- Understanding the JMX.
- Experience in consuming REST APIs using Java.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team.
- Eye for detail and identifying problems.
- Good analytical skills.
- Shown success as an individual contributor and ability to communicate in great detail.
- Interest and aptitude to learn new technologies and domains.
- Good to have skills
- Desirable knowledge in Java based Application servers.
- Working knowledge on using client libraries of Apache Kafka.
- Knowledge/Experience in the following technologies: Elasticsearch, Kafka, Apache Spark, Redis, Cassandra, Hadoop, MySQL.
How To Apply
If you are interested, fill the form below or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, with your resume and an explanation of why you would be a good fit. We look forward to hearing from you.